If you have problems in your unit that are being ignored by your landlord, you should take action. At the Law Office of Paul Mankin, we work with clients who need assistance when their landlord is violating housing code or ignoring pervasive issues.
Before you contact an attorney, these are steps you should take:
- Document and take pictures. Write down in journal the date, time and note any evidence.
- Notify your landlord or property manager in writing. This can be done via email, letter or even text message. Just be sure your communication is tracked. If you communicate in person, write down who you spoke to and when.
- Call the local health dept to report violations. The California health department will investigate and should help fix the problem. Again, document who you contact and what is done.
- If necessary, get medical treatment. Always save your receipts and bills, even for simple treatments bought at a drug store.
- Call us to get consultation with a lawyer.
Get A Free Consultation
Don't ignore these problems. If you have questions or concerns and live in San Diego or Los Angeles, don't hesitate to contact our office.
We'll help you determine your best course of action. Whether you're dealing with insect infestations or have concerns about lead paint, it is important you have a lawyer working with you to represent your best interests. Our goal is to make your home habitable again.