Account Recovery Services, Inc. is a debt collection agency located in Goodyear, Arizona. It has been in business since 1992 and collects for all types of companies nationwide but specializes in collecting for the healthcare industry.
PO Box 7648
Goodyear, AZ 85338-0645
Phone: (480) 483-2190
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB) report a handful of complaints filed against Account Recovery Services, Inc. Complaints allege that the debt collection agency:
- Attempted to collect on a debt that was discharged in bankruptcy
- Refused to validate the debt
- Reported false information to the credit reporting agencies
Used abusive language when attempting to collect on a debt
- Attempted to collect the wrong amount
- Failed to report a debt as disputed
The majority of the complaints against Account Recovery Services, Inc allege that the company is attempting to collect on a medical bill that should have been paid by the insurance company. This can be frustrating for consumer because the collection company cannot contact the insurance company in order to assist the consumer in resolving the matter because of privacy laws. It is up to the consumer to work it out with the insurance company and their healthcare provider and the collection agency will continue collection attempts until the healthcare provider tells them that the debt has been paid. If you are being harassed by Account Recovery Services, Inc. to pay a medical bill that your insurance company is responsible for, please see this article for information on what you can do to resolve the issue.
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), which was enacted to help protect consumers from unfair, deceptive, and abusive collection practices prohibits debt collectors from using certain practices when attempting to collect on a debt. Some of the practices the Act specifically prohibits include:
- Calling a consumer before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Failing to provide debt validation to a consumer
- Attempting to collect fees that were not provided for in the original contract
- Failing to identify themselves and provide consumers with the mini-Miranda
- Continuing to call a consumer after receiving a letter asking them to cease all contact
- Using profane, obscene, or abusive language Falsely implying that a consumer can be arrested for not paying a bill
This is not a complete list of the practices that are prohibited by the Act, and you believe that Account Recovery Services, Inc. is using any unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable for their actions. Please contact our office for a free, no obligation consultation at 1-800-219-3577.