ACB Receivables Management, Inc. is a debt collection agency located in Asbury Park, New Jersey. The agency opened in 1948 and according to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) may no longer be in business. Its mail is being returned and its website has been deactivated. ACB Receivables Management, Inc. also went by the name ACB Receivables Management and collected for the healthcare industry.
19 Main St
Asbury Park, NJ 07712-7012
Phone: (800) 758-6767, (732) 776-8800, and (800) 280-2600
The BBB lists four complaints filed by consumers against ACB Receivables Management, Inc.
in the last three years. Three of the four complaints allege that the collection agency reported derogatory information on their credit report and can now no longer be contacted so that they can pay or dispute the debt to have the information removed. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) does not report any complaints against ACB Receivables Management, Inc.
Before the company closed, it was sued by consumers several times for:
- Attempting to collect the wrong amount (listing the amount due as a higher amount than that listed as the amount owed)
- Failing to list accounts as disputed after being notified that they were
- Continuing collection attempts after being asked by a consumer in writing to stop
- Failing to provide proper debt validation information
These are all violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) a federal law governing debt collectors' behavior when attempting to collect on a debt. The FDCPA prohibits debt collectors from using unfair, abusive, or deceptive practices in order to collect on a debt. The Act specifically prohibits practices such as:
- Making telephone calls without properly identifying themselves
- Attempting to collect fees and charges not included in the original contract
- Falsely implying that a consumer will be arrested if they do not pay
- Calling consumers before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Threatening to commit acts of violence against a consumer
- Falsely indicating that they are an attorney, law enforcement officer, or affiliated with a government agency
- Charging fees or interest not allowed for in the original contract
- Refusing to provide a consumer with verification of a debt it is attempting to collect
- Threatening to take action it has no legal right to take or does not intend to take
- Using abusive, profane, or obscene language when attempting to collect on a debt
- Allowing a consumer's telephone to ring continuously in order to annoy them
If a debt collector is using any unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable for their actions. Please contact our office at 1-800-219-3577. We can help get the harassment to stop and may even get the debt collector to pay you, at no cost to you.