Bath Credit Services
Bath Credit Services is a collection company located in Bath, New York. It has only been in business since 2017 and collects for all types of companies including healthcare providers, retail outlets, and landlords and real estate management companies.
12 Liberty St
Bath, NY 14810-1507
Phone: (607) 776-7689
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) lists only 4 complaints against Bath Credit Services, however the agency has only been in business for a little over a year and has an alert posted to its BBB listing. The alert says that the BBB investigated Bath Credit Services asking for its licensing and bonding information, locations where it does business, Employer Identification Number (EIN) and affiliations with other businesses. The debt collection agency provided some of the information to the BBB, but not all of it, and it refused to provide its EIN. The BBB also reports that while Bath Credit Services claims it does not do business anywhere that requires a license it does not possess, its website says that it serves New York state and that two cities there require a license. It further reports that it was unable to locate a license for the collection agency in either of the two cities.
The BBB complaints allege that the company falsely told a consumer they did not need to appear in court, used abusive language, attempted to collect on a debt that was discharged in bankruptcy, reported false information to the credit reporting agencies, and refused to provide debt verification information. These are all violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), a federal law enacted in order to help prevent debt collectors from using unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices when attempting to collect on a debt. Other practices specifically prohibited by the FDCPA include:
- Falsely representing that they are an attorney or law enforcement officer
- Contacting third parties about a debt
- Attempting to collect fees and charges not included in the original contract
- Falsely implying that a consumer will be arrested if they do not pay
- Calling consumers before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Charging fees not allowed for in the original contract
- Threatening to commit acts of violence against a consumer or their property
- Refusing to provide a consumer with verification of a debt it is attempting to collect
- Threatening to take action they have no legal right to take
- Making telephone calls without properly identifying themselves
- Falsely representing the amount or legal status of a debt
If you believe that Bath Credit Services, Inc. is using unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable for their actions. Please contact our office for a free, no obligation case review at 1-800-219-3577.