Benuck & Rainey, Inc. is a debt collection agency located in Barrington, New Hampshire. It has been in business since 2004 and collects for all types of original creditors.
221 Old Concord Tpke
Barrington, NH 03825-5155
Phone: (603) 868-5566
Nine complaints have been filed against Benuck & Rainey, Inc. with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) in the last three years. These complaints allege that the collection agency misapplied payments, attempted to collect the wrong amount of debt, used abusive language, attempted to collect on a debt that had been discharged in bankruptcy, and refused to provide debt verification information to consumers. These collection practices are all violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), which is a federal law passed to help prevent debt collectors from using deceptive, unfair, or abusive practices while attempting to collect a debt.
The FDCPA prohibits many other practices that are frequently used by debt collectors, including:
- Making telephone calls without properly identifying themselves
- Falsely representing that they are an attorney or law enforcement officer
- Threatening to take action they have no legal right to take
- Attempting to collect fees and charges not included in the original contract
- Falsely implying that a consumer will be arrested if they do not pay
- Contacting third parties about a debt
- Charging fees not allowed for in the original contract
- Falsely representing the amount or legal status of a debt
- Threatening to commit, or committing, acts of violence against a consumer or their family or property
- Calling consumers before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
Any unfair, deceptive, or abusive practice used by a debt collector in an attempt to collect on a debt may also be in violation of other federal or state law meant to protect consumers and if those practices are being used by an debt collection agency while attempting to collect a debt from you, the collection agency could be ordered to not only stop the collection attempts, but may have to pay you money and even consider the debt as paid in full.
If you believe that Benuck & Rainey, Inc has been using unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable for their actions. Please contact our office for a free, no obligation case review at 1-800-219-3577.