Axis Financial Services, Inc. is a debt collection agency located in Carlsbad, California. It has been in business since 1999 and also uses the name Axis Financial Services Inc. The debt collection agency collects for all types of companies nationwide.
2774 Gateway Rd
Carlsbad, CA 92009
Phone: (760) 929-6680
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) reports no consumer complaints filed against Axis Financial Services, Inc. in the last three years. One consumer did post a review of Axis Financial Services, Inc on the BBB's website. The reviewer alleges that the collection agency charges an exorbitant amount of hidden fees. It appears however that the reviewer may have the company from whom he/she got the loan confused with the collection agency charged with collecting a past due account, as the review says that the consumer took out a vehicle loan from Axis Financial Services, Inc. and the collection agency does not provide this service.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) also reports no complaints filed against Axis Financial Services, Inc.
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), which was enacted to help protect consumers from unfair, deceptive, and abusive collection practices prohibits debt collectors from using certain tactics in order to collect on a debt. Some specific practices the Act prohibits include:
- Calling a consumer before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Failing to provide debt validation to a consumer
- Falsely implying that a consumer can be arrested for not paying a bill
- Continuing to call a consumer after receiving a letter asking them to cease all contact
- Attempting to collect fees that were not provided for in the original contract
- Failing to identify themselves and provide consumers with the mini-Miranda
- Using profane, obscene, or abusive language
- Calling a consumer at work when it knows the employer prohibits this type of call
The Act allows consumers to file a lawsuit against a debt collector who has violated its provisions. A lawsuit could result in the collection agency being ordered to stop communications with the consumer, forgive the balance due on the loan, offer a fair settlement agreement, pay the consumers attorney fees, or even pay the consumer for each violation of the Act.
If you believe that Axis Financial Services, Ind. is using any unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable for their actions. Please contact our office for a free, no obligation consultation at 1-800-219-3577.