4M Collections, LLC is a collection agency that collects on all types of debt. The agency is located in Vancouver, Washington, and has been in business since 1996. 4M Collections also uses the name Discovery Financial Services.
9707 NE 54th St Ste A
Vancouver, WA 98662-6345
Phone: (360) 604-8678
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) lists three complaints against 4M Collections since 2015 and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), a federal agency created to help prevent companies in the financial industry, such as banks, credit card companies, and debt collection agencies, from abusing and deceiving consumers, lists four. These complaints allege that the company uses unfair, abusive, and deceptive practices when attempting to collect on a debt, including:
- Failing to provide consumers it sued with proper service
- Refusing to provide verification of debts
- Attempting to collect the wrong amount
- Reporting false credit information to the credit reporting bureaus
- Attempting to collect a debt from a family member
- Calling consumers' employers about their debt
These practices are all violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), which is a federal law passed to help prevent debt collectors from using unfair, abusive, or deceptive practices when attempting to collect on a debt. Some of the other collection tactics the Act specifically prohibits include:
- Contacting third parties about a debt
- Threatening to take action they have no legal right to take
- Falsely implying that a consumer will be arrested if they do not pay
- Attempting to collect fees and charges not included in the original contract
- Using abusive, profane, or obscene language
- Calling consumers before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
4M Collections may be in violation of other state or federal laws for its actions described in the BBB and CFPB complaints filed against it.
If you feel that 4M Collections, LLC or Discovery Financial Services is using unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable for their actions. Please contact our office for a free, no obligation case review at 1-800-219-3577.