Account Control Systems is a debt collection agency located in Montvale, New Jersey. It has been in business since 1999 and also uses the name Account Control Systems, Inc. The debt collection agency collects for all types of companies nationwide.
85 Chestnut Ridge Rd Ste 113
Montvale, NJ 07645-1836
Phone: (201) 367-1622
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) each list one complaint filed against Account Control Systems. One of the consumers was unaware of any debt owed until a collection account from Account Control Systems appeared on a credit report and believes the debt to be a result of identity theft. It does not appear as if the consumer attempted to contact Account Control Systems before filing the complaint and according to the CFPB the complaint has been closed. The other complaint alleges that the collection company has failed to inform the original creditor that the account has been paid in full and false information is being reported to the credit reporting agencies as a result. The BBB's website lists this complaint as unanswered by Account Control Systems. These may both be violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
The FDCPA is a federal law that was enacted to help protect consumers from unfair, deceptive, and abusive collection practices, the Act prohibits debt collectors from using certain tactics in order to collect on a debt. Some specific practices the Act prohibits include:
- Failing to provide debt validation information to a consumer
- Reporting false information to credit reporting bureaus
- Falsely implying that a consumer can be arrested for not paying a bill
- Continuing to call a consumer after receiving a letter asking them to cease all contact
- Attempting to collect fees that were not provided for in the original contract
- Failing to identify themselves and provide consumers with the mini-Miranda
- Using profane, obscene, or abusive language
- Calling a consumer at work when it knows the employer prohibits this type of call
- Calling a consumer before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
If you believe that Account Control Systems is using any unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable for their actions. We can help you stop the harassment, settle your debt, or even get you money from Account Control Systems– all at no cost to you! Please contact our office for a free, no obligation consultation at 1-800-219-3577.