American Collection Services, Inc
American Collection Services, Inc. is a collection company located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. It has been in business since 2005 and collects for all types of companies including healthcare providers, credit card companies, and professional services companies.
3100 SW 59th St Ste A
Oklahoma City, OK 73119-6416
Phone: (405) 681-2332
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) lists only 3 complaints against American Collection Services since 2015. These complaints allege that the company reported false information to the credit reporting agencies and failed to provide debt verification to a consumer from whom it was attempting to collect a debt. These are both violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), a federal law enacted in order to help prevent debt collectors from using unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices when attempting to collect on a debt. Other practices specifically prohibited by the FDCPA include:
- Contacting third parties about a debt
- Attempting to collect fees and charges not included in the original contract
- Falsely implying that a consumer will be arrested if they do not pay
- Using abusive, profane, or obscene language
- Threatening to take action they have no legal right to take
- Calling consumers before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Threatening to commit acts of violence against a consumer or their property
- Falsely representing that they are an attorney or law enforcement officer
- Refusing to provide a consumer with verification of a debt it is attempting to collect
- Making telephone calls without properly identifying themselves
- Falsely representing the amount or legal status of a debt
- Charging fees not allowed for in the original contract
A successful claim filed under the FDCPA can stop unwanted collection attempts and get the debt collector to pay you for their violations. In some cases you may also be able to avoid the debt by having it declared paid in full. You will also be able to recover court costs and attorney fees for your successful claim. There may other state or federal consumer protection laws, besides that FDCPA, that can give you a claim against an abusive debt collector.
If you feel that American Collection Services, Inc. is using unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable for their actions. Please contact our office for a free, no obligation case review at 1-800-219-3577.