BCA Financial Services is a debt collection agency located in Palmetto Bay, Florida. The agency has been in business since 1956 and provides debt collection services to healthcare providers.
18001 Old Cutler Rd STE 462
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157-6437
Phone: (305) 909-2200
In the last three years, 12 consumers have filed complaints against BCA Financial Services with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and 34 with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). Complaints allege the debt collector engages in collection practices such as:
- Calling consumers before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Falsely reporting credit information to the credit reporting agencies
- Failing to provide debt verification to consumers
- Continuing to attempt collection on a debt before providing verification and/or after being asked in writing not to contact the consumer
These are all violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), a federal law enacted to help protect consumers from abusive, deceptive, and harassing practices by debt collectors. Other collection tactics specifically prohibited by the Act include:
- Calling a number repeatedly and/or allowing the phone to ring continuously
- Telling consumers they will be arrested if they do not pay a bill
- Adding fees or expenses not authorized by the original contract
- Failing to inform consumers calls are a debt collection agency, attempting to collect a debt and that any information obtained will be used for that purpose
- Contacting debtors after being asked in writing to stop
- Speaking to a third party about a consumers debt
This is not an all inclusive list of the acts prohibited by the FDCPA and if you feel that BCA Financial Services is using unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable. Please contact our office for a free, no obligation case review at 1-800-219-3577.