Firstsource Advantages, LLC is a debt collection agency located in Amherst, New York. It has been in business since 1985 and also uses the names Firstsource Advantage LLC and Firstsource Business Process Services, LLC. The agency provides debt collection services to a variety of companies including the telecommunications industry, healthcare providers, banks, and credit card companies.
205 Bryant Woods S
Amherst, NY 14228-3609
Phone: (716) 564-4400
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) report over 80 complaints filed by consumers against Firstsource Advantages, LLC in the last three years. Complaints allege that the collection agency:
- Contacted consumers at their place of employment when they knew that type of call was not allowed by the employer
- Refuses to send debt validation information to consumers
- Continues contacting consumers after being asked to stop
- Allows consumers phones to ring continuously in an attempt to annoy them into paying the debt
- Continues attempting to collect on a debt they know is paid
- Contacted a third party about a consumers debt and shared personal information about the consumer
- Continues calling consumer phone numbers after being told they have the wrong person and wrong number
- Attempted to charge fees not authorized in the original contract
These are all violations of the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). Other practices specifically prohibited by the Act include:
- Calling a consumer before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Falsely implying that a consumer can be arrested for not paying a bill
- Advertising a debt for sale in order to coerce payment from the debtor
- Using profane, obscene, or abusive language
A large number of the complaints allege that Firstsource Advantages, LLC continued calling their phone number after being told that they had the wrong number, the wrong person, or the debt has already been paid. If a debt collector will not stop calling you, you can write them a letter telling them to stop contacting you and mail a copy of the letter to the Federal Trade Commission at 6th and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20850. Under the FDCPA, the debt collector may contact you only one more time after receiving your letter in order to let you know that they received it and will stop contacting you, as well as to advise you of any other action they intend to take, such as filing a lawsuit against you.
If Firstsource Advantages, LLC, Firstsource Advantage LLC or Firstsource Business Process Services, LLC is using any unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable for their actions. Please contact our office for a free, no obligation consultation at 1-800-219-3577.