General Revenue Corporation is a debt collection agency located in Mason, Ohio. It has been in business since 1981 and also uses the name GRC. The agency collects on past due student loans and is owned by Navient Corporation, a student loan servicing and collection company.
4660 Duke Dr Ste 200
Mason, OH 45040-8466
Phone: (800) 234-1472
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) reports over 74 complaints filed against General Revenue Corporation in the last three years. These complaints allege that the company:
- Leaves repeated voicemail messages made by robo-callers which are of too low quality to understand
- Makes repeated calls to third parties about a consumer's debt
- Demands that consumers provide them with personal information before they tell them why they are calling
- Continues calling consumers in an attempt to collect on a debt after being told they have the wrong person
- Refuses to identify themselves as a debt collector when a consumer returns a telephone call
- Fails to provide consumers with debt verification information
- Falsely reports information to credit reporting agencies
Some of these practices may violate the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), a federal law that prohibits debt collectors from using unfair, abusive, or deceptive practices in order to collect on a debt. The Act specifically prohibits practices such as:
- Repeatedly contacting third parties about a debt
- Falsely implying that a consumer will be arrested if they do not pay
- Calling consumers before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Charging fees not allowed for in the original contract
- Reporting false credit information
- Refusing to provide a consumer with verification of a debt it is attempting to collect
- Failing to read consumers the mini-Miranda warning
- Making telephone calls without properly identifying themselves
Any harassing, deceptive, or abusive practice used by a debt collection agency may also violate the FDCPA or other state or federal consumer protection laws and if those practices are being employed by an debt collector in an attempt to collect a debt from you, they may owe you money.
If you believe that General Revenue Corporation is using unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable for their actions. Please contact our office for a free, no obligation case review at 1-800-219-3577.