Mandarich Law Group is a law firm located in Chatsworth, California. It has been in business since 2014 and provides debt collection services for various types of creditors.
9200 Oakdale Ave #601
Chatsworth, CA 91311-6513
Phone: (877) 414-0130
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) report over 50 complaints filed by consumers against Mandarich Law Group since 2015. Complaints on the two websites allege that the law firm:
- Failed and refused to validate a debt
- Threatened to take personal property of a consumer that they were not legally entitled to take
- Falsely indicated or implied that a consumer would be arrested for not paying a debt
- Sued consumers and did not properly serve them with notification of the suit
- Continued collection attempts after being asked to stop contacting the consumer
- Reported false information to the credit reporting agencies
These collection practices violate the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), a federal law passed in order to help protect consumers from unfair, deceptive, and abusive practices of businesses in the financial industry, such as banks, credit card companies, and debt collectors. Some of the practices specifically prohibited by the Act include:
- Calling a consumer before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Refusing to provide debt verification information to a consumer
- Advertising a debt for sale in order to coerce payment from the debtor
- Contacting a consumer after being asked to stop
- Threatening to take action that is not legal or intended
- Reporting false credit information
- Using or threatening to use violence to collect on a debt
- Falsely indicating that they are an attorney
A large number of these consumers complained that Mandarich Law Group falsely indicated that communications were from an attorney. While the FDCPA prohibits non attorneys from implying that they are an attorney, communications from Mandarich Law Group are either from an attorney or a staff member of the law firm and therefore the company is not violating the Act when indicating that a letter or phone call is from an attorney.
If you believe that Mandarich Law Group is using any unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable for their actions. Please contact our office for a free, no obligation case review at 1-800-219-3577.