Are you receiving harassing phone calls from 1-800-356-3713? This phone number belongs to A.C.A. Recovery, Inc., a collection agency located in Ridgewood, New Jersey.
50 E. Ridge Ave. #395
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
Phone: (800) 356-3713
Complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and across the internet allege that A.C.A. Recovery, Inc.'s customer service representatives use profane language, fail to identify themselves as debt collectors, and threaten to take legal action against consumers while calling to collect on debts. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) specifically prohibits debt collection agencies from failing to properly identify themselves and from using harassing or obscene language. Some other specific acts that are FDCPA violations include:
- Calling consumers before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Falsely implying that a consumer has committed a crime or will be arrested for not paying a bill
- Using any language that the natural consequence of which is to make a person feel abused
- Threatening to take any action the collector does not intend to take
- Allowing a consumer's telephone to ring continuously
- Calling consumer's at work when they know the employer does not allow personal calls
- Contacting a consumer after being asked in writing to stop
- Failing to provide a consumer with basic information needed to verify a debt
The FDCPA prohibits debt collectors from using many other unfair, abusive, and deceptive collection practices and this list is not all inclusive of all the FDCPA violations.
If you are getting harassing phone calls from 1-800-356-3713 which violate the FDCPA, it is time they are held accountable for their actions. Please call our office at 1-800-219-3577, for a free, no obligation case review. We will also explain how to stop harassing phone calls.