If you are getting calls from 1-866-355-6815, they are from Ace Cash Express, a payday and loan company who also provides bill pay and other services. The company is headquartered in Irving, Texas and also does business under the names America's Cash Express, Ace America's Cash Express, and Ace Cash Express, Inc.
1231 Greenway Dr Ste 600
Irving, TX 75038-2511
Phone: (972) 550-5000 and 1-866-355-6815
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) lists 197 complaints against Ace Cash Express since 2015 and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) lists 481. These complaints allege that the company uses unfair, abusive, and deceptive practices when attempting to collect on a debt
While Ace Cash Express is not subject to the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), many of complaints allege practices that are in violation of similar state laws, such as California's Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (RFDCPA) which mirrors the federal Act, but applies to original creditors and not just third party debt collectors. These laws were enacted in order to prevent creditors and debt collectors from using unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices when attempting to collect on a debt. Practices specifically prohibited by the FDCPA, and similar state laws, include:
- Allowing a consumer's telephone to ring continuously in order to annoy them
- Falsely implying that a person can be arrested for not paying a bill
- Calling before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Using profane or obscene language
- Communicating with a third party about a consumer's debt
- Threatening to take any action that is illegal or that it does not intend to take
- Falsely representing that communications are from an attorney
- Impersonating law enforcement or government officials
If you are getting harassing calls from 1-866-355-6815, attempting to collect a debt, please contact our office for a free, no obligation case review at 1-800-219-3577.