Are you receiving harassing phone calls from 1-888-418-8001? This phone number belongs to ABC Collectors, Inc., a debt collection agency located in Kalispell, Montana.
130 5th St E
Kalispell, MT 59901-4950
Phone: (406) 752-8001 and 1-888-418-8001
While the debt collection agency has no complaints against them with the BBB or Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), it has been sued at least once, in California, for failing to identify the call as an attempt to collect on a debt, which is a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) violation. The FDCPA requires that debt collectors provide consumers with the mini-Miranda, which tells the consumer that the call is an attempt to collect on a debt and any information obtained during the call will be used for that purpose. The Act also prohibits debt collectors from using many types of deceptive, unfair, and abusive collection practices. Some of these FDCPA violations include:
- Causing a consumers telephone to ring repeatedly
- Using obscene or profane language
- Falsely implying that the call or letter is from a law enforcement or government agency
- Calling consumers before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Threatening to take any action that it cannot legally take or does not intend to take
- Falsely implying that the consumer is committing a crime by not paying a debt
- Communicating with a third party about a debt
Has someone called you from 1-888-418-8001 and not identified themselves as a debt collector? Have they used other unfair, deceptive or abusive tactics to collect on a debt? Please contact our office for a free, no obligation case review at 1-800-219-3577. We will also explain how to stop harassing phone calls.