If you are getting calls from 800-279-9048, they are from IC System, Inc., a debt collection agency headquartered in St Paul, Minnesota. The agency provides debt collection services to a wide range of clients including healthcare providers, utility companies, government agencies and educational institutions.
444 Highway 96 E
Saint Paul, MN 55127-2557
Phone: (866) 483-8595 and 800-279-9048
In the last three years, 517 complaints have been filed against IC System, Inc. with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and 1,134 have been filed with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), alleging violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), a federal law enacted to help protect consumers from unfair, deceptive, and abusive debt collection tactics. Complaints allege that IC System, Inc.:
- Refuses to provide enough information for consumers to verify the debt
- Falsely implies that consumers will be arrested if they do not pay
- Attempts to collect the wrong amount on a debt
- Speaks with third parties about a consumers debt
- Fails to provide consumers with the mini-Miranda
- Reports false credit information to the credit reporting bureaus
- Contacts consumers at work after being told the employer does not allow it
The debt collection agency has also been sued at least once for allegedly using abusive practices to collect on a debt from a consumer who repeatedly informed the company that she was not the person who owed the debt.
If you are getting collection calls from 800-279-9048, and the caller is using unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable for their actions. Please contact our office for a free, no obligation case review at 1-800-219-3577.