Accelerated Collection Service, Inc. is a debt collection agency located in Kent, Washington. The agency opened in 2005 and collects for many industries including healthcare, landlords, construction, retail, and financial.
1209 Central Ave S #210
Kent, WA 98032
Phone: (253) 735-3200 and (866) 499-7717
Three consumers have filed complaints against Accelerated Collection Service, Inc. with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) in the last three years and while the Better Business Bureau reports no complaints, two consumers have filed company reviews with the site, which were basically complaints. Reviews and complaints allege that the company:
- Used abusive language while attempting to collect on a medical debt
- Attempted to charge interest not allowed for in the original contract
- Failed to identify themselves when calling a consumer
- Reported false information to the credit reporting agencies
- Failed to provide debt validation information
- Communicating information about a debt to a third party
These collection practices are violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) a federal law governing debt collectors’ behavior when attempting to collect on a debt. The FDCPA prohibits debt collectors from using unfair, abusive, or deceptive practices in order to collect on a debt. The Act specifically prohibits the above practices as well as others, such as:
- Falsely implying that a consumer will be arrested if they do not pay
- Falsely indicating that they are an attorney, law enforcement officer, or affiliated with a government agency
- Calling consumers before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Threatening to commit acts of violence against a consumer
- Threatening to take action it has no legal right to take or does not intend to take
- Allowing a consumer’s telephone to ring continuously in order to annoy them
- Failing to inform of a consumer of their mini-Miranda rights
If Accelerated Collection Service, Inc. is refusing to provide you with debt validation information, attempting to charge you interest not allowed for in the original contract, has reported false information on your credit report, or is using any abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable for their actions. Please contact our office at 1-800-219-3577. We can help get the harassment to stop, negotiate a settlement, and may even get Accelerated Collection Service, Inc. to pay you money – all at no cost to you.