San Diego Product Liability Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured by a defective product? You deserve compensation. The Law Offices of Paul Mankin diligently works to protect consumers who have been hurt by manufacturers and others. If you have questions about your specific case, we offer a free initial consultation. When you wonder: Is there a product liability lawyer near me? Call Paul Mankin at 800-654-9517.
Defective Products Cases We Handle
Our product liability law firm handles all types of dangerous and defective product cases. We have helped countless people get the compensation they need to move forward from the following types of cases:
- Defective 3M Military Earplugs
- Dangerous CPAP Machines (Including the Phillips CPAP/BIPAP Machines)
- Roundup Cancer Lawsuits
- Hernia Mesh Surgery Lawsuits
In addition to these product liability cases, we can help with insurance claims for other situations, such as California Wildfire Property Damage Insurance Claims.
We also handle more general damaged product cases that can result in serious injuries and significant loss. Some examples of products that may have caused you harm include:
- Car parts (including tires, seat belts, air bags, and brakes)
- Children’s toys and furniture
- Lead paint
- Home appliances (including ranges, ovens, microwaves, water heaters, and space heaters)
- Power tools and equipment (including nail guns, drills, and saws)
- Sporting goods (including motorcycle helmets, bike gear, and safety equipment)
- Medical devices (including protheses and implants)
- Unreasonable household fire hazards (including bedding, pajamas, carpets, and furniture)
- Prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs
If any of these products have injured you, you should immediately contact a San Diego product liability lawyer who can help you determine if you have a valid claim. Then, we will guide you through the legal process to get compensation.
Do I Need a Product Liability Lawyer?
While you aren’t required to hire an attorney to handle your insurance claim or dangerous product lawsuit, it does benefit you in the long run.
A Nolo.com study indicates that an attorney can help you in the following ways:
- You are more likely win. Approximately 91% of people who used an attorney received a payout in a personal injury cases; whereas, only 51% of people without counsel got money.
- You will likely get more money. The average compensation for someone with a personal injury lawyer was $77,600. Without a lawyer, the average amount of compensation received was $17,600. Using a lawyer pays for itself and help you cover all of your losses.
- You won’t fall victim to the insurance company. Most people who don’t work with an attorney take the first settlement offer accepted “lowball” offers, which is $11,800 on average. People who allowed their lawyer to negotiate got an average of $42,500.
- You can easily file a products liability lawsuit. Your attorney can file a lawsuit on your behalf. People who filed or threatened a lawsuit in personal injury cases were likely to get almost double the settlement offer after the case was filed.
A skilled attorney can help you get what you deserve while you focus on healing from your injuries or helping your family recover from theirs.
Why You Should Choose Paul Mankin
The Law Office of Paul Mankin has a team of passionate products liability lawyers who are dedicated to doing what is best for clients. We are results-oriented and work hard to achieve the best outcome in every case.
Every case, just like every client, is unique. We will sit down with you and listen to your story. Then, we will conduct a thorough investigation to determine exactly what happened. We have a network of experts who we consult with frequently to provide additional support for your case. We have the resources necessary to get your case to the finish line.
Some benefits of working with Paul Mankin include:
- We know the law and use that knowledge to work in your favor.
- We have a wide range of resources that we can draw from to push your case forward.
- We take a personalized approach to each case.
- We develop targeted strategies to meet your goals.
- We will gain an understanding of your needs and make sure they are addressed.
Class Actions vs. Individual Product Liability Lawsuits
People who have been injured by defective and dangerous products have multiple options on how to proceed with a lawsuit.
- Class Action Lawsuit – A class action allows a few plaintiffs to seek compensation on behalf of a large group of people who have been injured by the same defendant. Class actions can be beneficial for plaintiffs who suffer relatively minor injuries and may not typically be able to file an effective lawsuit on their own.
- Individual Product Liability Lawsuit – These tort claims are a good choice when a plaintiff’s damages are significant or unique. It can allow a plaintiff to obtain a higher amount of compensation but requires more work on the part of the injured individual.
- Multi-District Product Liability Litigation – Large numbers of plaintiffs may file similar lawsuits against one defendant. Those cases may be consolidated into one case. This is different from class actions because each plaintiff continues to participate in the overall litigation.
The path that is right for you will depend on the details of your case, your total past and future expected damages, as well as other cases that have been filed.
How Much Money Can I Get in My Products Liability Case?
You might wonder: How much is my case worth? The answer is that it depends. There is no way to know exactly how much money you can get until you talk to an experienced San Diego products liability attorney and allow them to review all of your damages.
In products liability cases, you can get money to cover all of your losses, including:
- Past and future medical costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Physical limitations and disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Loss of consortium (familial relationships)
If your loved one died as a result of a dangerous or defective product, then you can get money in a wrongful death claim. You can cover funeral expenses, burial costs, loss of inheritance, and more.
Who Is Liable for My Damages?
In a products liability case, you are often making a claim of strict liability. Strict liability is a legal theory indicating that the defendant or defendants are responsible for your damages regardless of any other factors, including potential fault of your own.
Products may be dangerous in many ways; however, there are three main types of defects recognized by courts:
- Design Defects – If a defect arose during the design phase, before the product was even created, then the person or company who designed it may be liable.
- Manufacturing Defect – If a product was not created or assembled in accordance with its design, causing defect, then the manufacturer may be responsible for injuries that result.
- Failure to Warn – Products must have warning for foreseeable and inherent dangers. If they do not have necessary warnings about risks, they can cause harm.
In many cases, any company who designs, manufacturers, distributes, or sells may be held liable for your damages regardless of where the defect arose. It’s best to name all potential parties and let the defendants themselves prove they are not to blame. If you fail to name necessary parties, you may not get all the compensation you are entitled to.
Get the Compensation You Need in a Product Liability Case
Product liability cases are often more complex than general personal injury claims involving negligence. Strict liability of the companies involved in creating the product can be tough to prove. Additionally, those companies will have teams of lawyers on their side to fight back. You need someone to stand beside you and protect your rights. Call The Law Office of L. Paul Mankin today at 800-654-9517. Free initial consultation.