The Law Office of Paul Mankin

How To Research If A Hotel Or Apartment Has Had Bed Bug Complaints?

By Law Office of Paul Mankin of Law Office of Paul Mankin posted in blog on Monday, June 26, 2017.

The internet has made it easy for customers and tenants to research and/or report bed bug issues with hotels and apartment complexes. If you have had a bed bug infestation in your apartment or have found bed bugs at a hotel room you have stayed at you can document your experience at and is also a good site to document your experience with bed bugs. These sites are also great for potential tenants and hotel guests to research apartments and hotels prior to moving in or planning a trip to make sure that there have not been frequent infestations.

Additionally, in Los Angeles and Orange County if you have a bed bug infestation, contact the county health department to complaint about the infestation. Typically, the health department will send an inspector to the premises to locate and document the bed bug infestation. The health department has the power to order the landlord to eradicate the infestation or the landlord potentially faces fines or being shut down.