Tech Collections, Inc. is a debt collection agency located in Mt. Sinai, New York. It has been in business since 1989 and also uses the names U S Collectech and Collect Tech. The company collects for healthcare providers nationwide.
5505 Nesconset Hwy, Ste. 200
Mt. Sinai, NY 11766-2026
Tech Collections, Inc. describes four types of debtors on its website; the last three descriptions include language such as:
“….one who attacks when contacted regarding the debt. They might yell, make false statements or even create an excuse to delay payment or try not to pay at all.”
“….avoids the debt obligation completely. They will not accept any type of communication and continuously break their promises to pay.”; and
“…..knows from the start that they have no intentions of paying their debt. They will use every excuse under the sun to escape making a payment.”
Complaints against the company, filed with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) seem to indicate that the company’s collection attempts adhere to this philosophy as it treats consumers as if they are lying about thinking the bill was paid or should have been paid by their insurance and/or they are simply trying to avoid paying a debt they know belongs to them. These complaints allege that C. Tech Collections, Inc. continuously attempted to collect on an account that was paid in full and refused to provide verification of debts or acknowledge it received information confirming that the debt had been paid. These collection tactics may violate the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
The FDCPA is a federal law that specifically prohibits many practices commonly used by debt collectors, including:
- Falsely representing that they are an attorney or law enforcement officer
- Contacting third parties about a debt
- Attempting to collect fees and charges not included in the original contract
- Falsely implying that a consumer will be arrested if they do not pay
- Calling consumers before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Charging fees not allowed for in the original contract
- Threatening to commit acts of violence against a consumer or their property
- Refusing to provide a consumer with verification of a debt it is attempting to collect
- Threatening to take action they have no legal right to take
- Making telephone calls without properly identifying themselves
- Falsely representing the amount or legal status of a debt
If you believe that C.Tech Collections, Inc., U S Collectech, or Collect Tech is using unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable for their actions. Please contact our office for a free, no obligation case review at 1-800-219-3577.