Central Credit Services, Inc.
Central Credit Services, Inc. (CCS) is a third-party debt collector that specializes in the debt collection of auto, mortgage, credit card, and retail debt. CCS was founded in 1987 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida with additional offices in St. Louis, Missouri, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. CCS is a subsidiary of Radius Global Solutions, LLC (Radius Global), which is a debt collection agency that was formed in 1988.
Many allegations of debt collection harassment have been made against CCS and its parent company, Radius Global. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) is a Government agency that is tasked with protecting consumers from unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices and is authorized to take action against companies that violate consumers’ rights. The CFPB has received over 750 complaints against CCS and Radius Global.
Consumers allege that CCS and Radius Global have engaged in the following illegal debt collection practices:
- Attempting to collect a debt that is not owed by the consumer;
- Attempting to collect a debt that has been paid;
- Attempting to collect more than what is owed;
- Harassing consumers by making repeated and frequent calls;
- Improperly discussing the consumer’s debt with a third party; and
- Refusing to validate or provide proof of a debt.
Creditors and debt collectors should be held accountable for these unethical and unlawful practices. If you are being harassed or subjected to any of these, deceptive, or abusive debt collection practices, it is time to hold CCS and Radius Global accountable. Please contact our office for a free, no obligation consultation at 1-800-219-3577.