Diversified Consultants, Inc. Profile:
Diversified Consultants Headquarters: 10550 Deerwood Park Blvd. #309, Jacksonville, FL 32256
Diversified Consultants Phone Number: (904) 247-5500
Known Debt Collection Numbers: (one of the numbers their debt collectors use when calling you; others may be used as well). 1-800-771-5361
COO: Gordon Beck
Website: https://www.Diversified Consultantscollect.com/ (not public; authorization required to access)
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/company/diversified-consultants-inc-/about/
WHAT IS DIVERSIFIED CONSULTANTS?
The better question is “Who is Diversified Consultants?” Diversified Consultants, Inc., not to be confused with Diversified Consulting or Diversified Cns, is a debt collection agency
that was founded in 1992. Diversified Consultants employs a workforce of over 200 employees.
Diversified Consultants operates in Florida, Oregon, Kentucky, Missouri, Mississippi, Alabama, Minnesota, Arizona, Idaho, Illinois, California, Michigan and even Nigeria. Diversified Consultants specializes in the collection of wireless, cable, satellite, utilities and other telecommunications-related debt.
WHY IS DIVERSIFIED CONSULTANTS CALLING ME?
Diversified Consultants is most likely calling you because they believe, rightly or wrongly, that you owe a debt that they have either bought or have been promised compensation for collecting. While none of this is illegal per se, debt collectors frequently resort to abusive practices that are illegal and that could entitle you to demand money from them.
CONSUMER COMPLAINTS AGAINST DIVERSIFIED CONSULTANTS HAVE BEEN NUMEROUS:
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), a federal agency dedicated to protecting consumer rights, has recorded over 4,000 complaints against Diversified Consultants.
- Diversified Consultants’ Better Business Bureau profile indicates that 899 complaints have been closed against Diversified Consultants over the past three years. It received 1.5 out of 5 stars based on 53 customer reviews. It is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
LAWSUITS AGAINST DIVERSIFIED CONSULTANTS, INC.
Numerous lawsuits have been filed against Diversified Consultants, Inc., including the following:
- In Davis v. Diversified Consultants, Inc., Plaintiff alleged that Diversified Consultants violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act; the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act; and the Massachusetts Privacy Act. Plaintiff was awarded damages.
- In Fabio, Jesse v. Diversified Consultants, Inc, Diversified Consultants lost a default judgment b because it failed to respond to the lawsuit.
- In Higgs v. Diversified Consultants, Inc., Plaintiff complained that Diversified Consultants called several times a day to collect a debt. Diversified Consultants was awarded a summary judgment.
- In McGill v. Diversified Consultants, Inc. Plaintiff claimed that he settled a debt but that Diversified Consultants reported to the creditor and another collection agency that the debt was still owed, resulting in the harassment of the Plaintiff..
- In Nussbaum v. Diversified Consultants, Inc., Plaintiff complained that Diversified Consultants subjected him to “robocalls” (automated dialing).
- In Sheridan v. Diversified Consultants Inc et al, the court denied the Plaintiff’s request to certify his lawsuit as a class action lawsuit. The motion was denied without prejudice, which means that the Plaintiff can try again after repairing deficiencies in his original pleading.
- In O’Connor v. Diversified Consultants, Inc., Plaintiff alleged that Diversified Consultants violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 (TCPA), 47 U.S.C. § 227, et seq. and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- In Waite v. Diversified Consultants, Inc., a 17-year-old girl alleged that Diversified Consultants made hundreds of debt collection “robocalls” to her cell phone, even though she owed no debts to anyone.
- In Wallace v. Diversified Consultants, Inc., Diversified Consultants was sued for failing to clarify the alleged debtor’s right to dispute the debt. The claim was dismissed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
HOW DO I STOP A COLLECTION AGENCY FROM CONTACTING ME?
First, send a signed letter by certified mail, return receipt requested, asking the collection agency to stop contacting you, and keep a copy of the letter for yourself. Once the collection agency receives the letter, it can only contact you for two purposes:
- To confirm that it will no longer contact you about the debt; and
- To notify you that it is taking legal action (such as filing a lawsuit).
If you inform the collection agency that you have retained a lawyer, and you provide contact details for the lawyer, the collection agency can only contact your lawyer about the debt, unless your lawyer fails to respond within a reasonable time.
Somebody told me that I am being harassed by a debt collection agency, I can demand money from them. Is that true?
Yes, it’s true. For example, you can demand up to $1,000 for each violation of the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, without even proving that you suffered any damages other than minor annoyance.The California Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, a state law, is in some ways even more debtor-friendly than the federal version, and it also allows you to sue for damages.
WHAT TYPES OF DEBTS ARE COVERED BY THE FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT (FDCPA)?
The FDCPA is aimed at consumer debts — credit card debt, automobile loans, mortgages, healthcare expenses, student loans, and similar consumer dents. The FDCPA does not apply to business debts. This statute is also aimed at third-party debt collectors — it doesn’t apply if your original creditor is trying to collect a debt from you.
WHAT IS A VALIDATION NOTICE?
A validation notice is a written notification that a third party debt collector is legally required to send you. It must state how much money you owe, who you owe the money to, and what you can do if you do not believe the debt is legitimate.
If you Diversified consultants is harassing you, please contact our office at 1-800-219-3577 for a free, no obligation consultation.