Edgewater Consulting Group, LLC, also known as Edgewater Financial Services, is a debt collection agency located in Tucson, Arizona. The agency has been in business since 2005 and provides debt collection services for delinquent student loan accounts.
NO ADDRESS IS AVAILABLE
Tucson, AZ 85712
Phone: (253) 835-7341
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), a federal agency charged with ensuring that companies in the financial industry, such as debt collection agencies, do not abuse consumers, report no complaints filed against Edgewater Consulting Group, LLC. However, it has been sued at least once for violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), a federal act that was passed in order to protect consumers from abusive and unfair debt collection practices. The complainant alleges that the collection agency violated the Act by calling her at 7:00 a.m., using an auto dialer to harass her, and threatening to garnish her social security income. The Act prohibits debt collectors from calling a consumer before 8:00 a.m., threatening to take actions that it is not legally able to take (such as garnishing Social Security income), and allowing a consumer's phone to ring continuously in order to harass them.
The FDCPA prohibits debt collectors from using any unfair, abusive, or harassing practices such as:
- Falsely representing that nonpayment could lead to a consumers arrest
- Communicating with a third party about a debt
- Failing to disclose that a communication is an attempt to collect a debt
- Using profane or abusive language
- Refusing to provide verification of a debt to a consumer
- Continuing collection attempts after being asked in writing to stop
- Collecting interest or fees the original contract did not authorize
- Threatening to repossess property it has no legal right to take
This is not an all inclusive list of the acts prohibited by the FDCPA and if you feel that Edgewater Consulting Group, LLC is using unfair or abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable. Please contact our office for a free, no obligation consultation at 1-800-219-3577.