Genpact Services, LLC is a debt collection agency headquartered in Southgate, Michigan. It has been in business since 1997 and provides business services, including debt collection, to companies across the country.
P.O. Box 1969
Southgate, MI 48195
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) report no consumer complaints filed against Genpact Services, LLC in the last three years. Two consumers did however post reviews of Genpact Services, LLC on the BBB’s website. One reviewer alleges that the collection agency failed to credit the proper account for their payment and continued to report the account as delinquent to the credit reporting agencies. The other reviewer maintains that the company called up to five times per day and customer service representatives refused to identify themselves as debt collectors.
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), a federal law enacted to help protect consumers from deceptive, unfair, and abusive collection practices prohibits debt collectors from using certain tactics in order to collect on a debt, including failing to identify themselves as a debt collector and reporting false information to the credit reporting agencies. Other specific practices the Act prohibits include:
- Failing to provide debt validation to a consumer
- Falsely implying that a consumer can be arrested for not paying a bill
- Calling a consumer before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Continuing to call a consumer after receiving a letter asking them to cease all contact
- Calling a consumer at work when it knows the employer prohibits this type of call
- Attempting to collect fees that were not provided for in the original contract
- Using profane, obscene, or abusive language
- Advertising a debt for sale in order to coerce payment from the debtor
The Act gives consumers a cause of action against a debt collector who has violated any of its provisions. A lawsuit filed under the FDCPA can result in the debt collector being ordered to stop communicating with the consumer, forgive the balance due on the debt, pay the consumers’ attorney fees, and even pay the consumer for each violation of the Act the court finds that it committed.
If Genpact Services, LLC is using any unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable for their actions. Please contact our office for a free, no obligation consultation at 1-800-219-3577.