National Credit Systems, Inc. is a collection company located in Orlando, Florida. It has been in business since 1991 and also uses the names National Credit System, Inc and N C S. The agency collects for apartment owners and managers across the United States.
5929 3800 Camp Creek Pkwy SW Bldg 1800-110
Atlanta, GA 30331-6050
Phone: (404) 629-9595
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau show nearly 500 complaints filed against National Credit Systems, Inc. since 2015. Complaints include allegations that the debt collector has:
- Reported false information to the credit reporting agencies
- Failed to identify a disputed account as such
- Refused to provide a receipt for payment or properly apply payments
- Used abusive language when attempting to collect a debt
- Misapplied payments
- Used obscene or profane language while attempt to collect a debt
- Failure to sent required notifications to consumers
These collection practices violate the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), a federal law which was enacted to help protect consumers from unfair and abusive collection tactics. Some practices that are specifically prohibited by the FDCPA include:
- Using language that is abusive to the person who hears or reads it
- Failing to provide a consumer with validation of a debt, including the name of the original creditor and the amount owed
- Reporting false credit information
- Allowing a consumer’s telephone to ring continuously in an attempt to annoy them into paying a bill
- Falsely implying that a consumer may be incarcerated or face criminal charges if they do not Preview Sitepay a bill
- Failing to read consumer the “mini-Miranda”
- Calling a consumer before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Continuing to contact a consumer after being asked in writing to stop all communication
- Using foul language
- Misrepresenting the legal status of a debt
- Failing to properly identify themselves as a debt collector when collecting on a debt
This is not an all inclusive list and if you feel as if you are being harassed or abused by National Credit Systems, Inc. you should keep track of all calls you receive, including the time and date of the call, the name of the caller, and how the caller violated the FDCPA. You may have a claim against the debt collector and may want to consider contacting a consumer attorney in your state to help you determine if National Credit Systems, Inc. has violated any consumer protection laws and assist you in making them stop harassing you.
If you reside in California and National Credit Systems, Inc., National Credit System, Inc or N C S. is using unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices in order to collect a debt from you, it is time to hold them accountable for their actions. Please contact our office for a free, no obligation case review at 1-800-219-3577.